Saturday, April 10, 2010

For The Record....

For the record...   the amount of time it takes to forget that eating too much Kashi Go Lean Cereal is never a good idea is two months.  Don't ask me how I know.

That said...

Today wasn't too bad all in all. I woke up in a bit of a funk over not being able to ride (calf was still really sore and stiff this morning) but on the plus side I managed to snap myself out of it and did a bunch of strength building stuff here at home.  This morning's routine consisted of

2x25 Swiss Ball Crunches
2x25 Swiss Ball Crunches w/ Arms Crossed
2x25 Swiss Ball Crunches w/ 15lb weight on chest
2x25 Swiss Ball Superman Crunches (arms stretched out overhead)
2x25 Reverse Swill Ball "Butterfly" Crunches

2x15 Swiss Ball Press w/ 25lb freeweights
30x2 Plank Rows (15/arm/sets)
30x2 One arm curls w/ 15lb weights (15/arm/set)
10x2 Lift Arms up to the side w/ 15lbs  ( I forget the proper name for this one!)

And then I ran out of stuff to do that didn't involve my legs that I was trying to rest up.  So I did some Yoga and Stretching for 20 minutes and did some foam rolling as well.  I tried to foam roll my calf and that just wasn't going to happen.  Theres a giant knot in it and it was screaming.  So instead I emailed my massage thereapist and setup an appointment for Sunday.  I'll let her fix it instead!

After that I met up with a friend of mine and checked out the bike sale at Casters...   thought about buying a bike trainer...  but I've spent enough money this week!  but instead walked away with some chain cleaner and lube and a set of Yakima locks for my roof rack.  Speaking of my roof rack, I finally got around to installing the second bike rack on the roof today so I can now transport two bikes.  Consider it me being hopefull I'll find someone to train with / compete with and may need to transport two bikes at once someday.

On the plus side my calf is feeling a little better after being rested so I'm optimistic I may be able to ride tomorrow.  Plus whatever damage I do will be undone by the massage hopefully.  So I'm going to try and do a nice slow relaxed two hour ride tomorrow if I can.  We'll see how I feel though.

All in all a good day in the end.  And now its off to go and slice up my double layer tortilla spinach and cheese pizza I just made.  Hopefully it tastes as good as it looked coming out of the oven.

Happy Training

No comments:

Post a Comment