Sunday, August 8, 2010

Overworked and Undertrained...

Not much new to report today other than I've been working way too much on this trip and training way too little.  As much as I wanted this trip to be a "recovery week" theres a difference between recovery and only getting one good workout done in the last three days.  Ugh.  I won't be able to get a workout in today either.  Frustrating!  More frustrating than that is that I had to work till 4am last night.  My body is just not conditioned to see 4am at the end of the day.  I can get up at 4am to go train, but I just do not enjoy going to bed at 4am.  So now my body clock is an absolute mess.  I have a headache, my body doesn't know what time it is, and I need to flip my schedule back to getting up in the early morning pronto. 

Yesterday at work I was starting to have second thoughts about giving up that show in order to still do the FIRM.   Mainly as that money would go a long way to helping to bank some towards my tri bike / coaching fund.  And in the end is that more important than one race?  I don't know...    I figure I'll just try not to think about it and by the time I'm ready to think about changing my mind it will be too late and the gig will be filled.  If I really think about this I could concievable skip the FIRM, do the show, and then put some of that money towards travel costs to find another 1/2 iron distance race a little bit later in the season.  I'm a little concerned work wise with the state of the economy and I'm starting to wonder how smart it is to give up three weeks of work.  Oh the joys of being self employed, trying to run your own business, travelling all the time and trying to train and race too.  Lots to juggle and think about.  We'll see what happens...   for now I keep training as hard as possible for the FIRM and hope it all works itself out.

I can tell you one thing though...   if I'm at an aiport on the morning of the 12th while my friends are racing I will be heartbroken.  That will not be a very good day.  Maybe its Karma talking...    I had to skip my brother's wedding for work, so maybe I now have to give up something I care about in return to balance things out.  Whatever it is it sucks...    but theres no point in worrying yet.  I have to sit back and let these things play out.  I've emailed my client some options and now I have to wait and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment