Thursday, September 2, 2010

Quickie Update... 10 Days to the 1/2!

So this morning after consulting my training plan I headed out for a one hour ride with 8x1 minute intervals at max intensity.  I have to say the fact it was only an hour long was dissapointing.  But I must stay true to my taper plan.  So I did the usual warmup ride through downtown over to Blackstone Boulevard and then did all my intervals on the boulevard.  Half of them on the side that starts with a climb and then rolls over to a slight descent and on the other half that starts with a descent and ends with a slight climb.  Good stuff.

After that I took Dale over to Providence Bicyle to see if we could get to the bottom of the chain skipping issue.  Since buying a new wheelset and putting a new cassette on the bike the chain has been skipping.  It wasn't until I lent my bike to a friend of mine for the weekend while I was away that we were able to figure out what was doing it.  We thought it was a derailer tweaking issue.  Turns out it was skipping everytime the master link on the stock chain was coming in contact with the cassette.  So today Dale went back to PB for the third time to see if we could get to the bottom of it.  I have to say the guys at PB seemed to be just as motivated to fix it as I was.  And a new chain was the last step in the process of chasing it down.  I'm very happy to say that the chain did the trick!  No more skipping, smooth crisp shifting!  Good stuff!  Thanks to Providence Bicycle, Sean and Kevan for helping me get to the bottom of this!  Much appreciated!  So Dale is now all better and ready to rock the half!  Its going to be a great day!

Ok...  conference call time and busy workday ahead.  After that its dinner with Chris to chat about all things tri related as he gears up for his first sprint tri and then tomorrow morning will be an easy GVP swim weather permitting.  The weekend will have an easy paced  big brick on Saturday and then running the FIRM course on Sunday regardless of weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment