Friday, September 24, 2010

Random Friday...

Time for a quick, random, disjointed posts.  Those that know me well know that I love things in list or bullet point form.  No idea why but I do...   so its time for some random bullet points of disjointed thought.

-I swam at GVP this morning.  We did the "short dock" swim which is about 3/4 of a mile.  It sucked.  I have not swam since the TDD and that wasn't really swimming...  more punching and treading water at the same time.  I was rusty, my form was horrible and I kept mucking with it to try and get it back, and then I'd get distracted and veer of course.  My sighting was bad too.  Pretty much everything was bad.  I'm sort of hoping that means I'll have a good swim tomorrow when I need it.  Maybe its like in theater when a bad dress rehearsal equals a great performance?  Errr...   maybe?  I guess I'll settle for not drowning.

-tomorrow morning I'm racing my last triathlon of the season which will be the Amica 19.7 which is a 1/2 mile swim, 16 mile bike, and 5K run.  It will be traithlon number 5 of the season for me. 

-My race plan for the Amica is as follows...   try and not suck in the swim, and then go balls out on the bike and go insanely balls out see what your fastest 5K can be on the run.  Yep.  Thats pretty much it.  Sockless, shoes on the bike, go go go at 110% the whole time till I tip over or die.  Who knows whats left in my legs and whether that will be fast or slow in the end.  No idea what the field will be like in this one.  I'm guessing a little bit more competitive than your average local RI FIRM race.  But maybe not?

-Work still kind of sucks.  Gritting teeth...   bearing down, and suffering through it.  I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

-Personal life decidedly does NOT suck.  In fact good things are happening. 

-I will be away for 37 of the next 55 days.  Ugh!

-I can't help but think of freedom from my current career every single time I close my eyes to go to sleep lately.  Stick a fork in me.  I'm done.

-I got really frustrated working in my home office today so I went outside in the sun and cleaned and lubed my bike for an hour.  I felt much better afterwards, and Dale is all shiny and proud and fast looking.  Hopefully I can do him justice tomorrow.

-Although its possible that some nasty work grenade may come tumbling into my weekend (although I'm pretty sure I've built a good bunker around myself to prevent that), I'm really looking forward to this weekend.  I have some really fabulous things planned.  And only one of them has anything to do with triathlons.  Hard to believe eh?

-My appartment is clean and all my laundry is done.  This makes me incredibly happy.  However actually cleaning it and doing all that laundry did not.

-I'm off to packet pickup in Newport in a few hours and then Chris S and I are going to drive the bike and run courses to check them out.  I don't want any nasty surprises like at the TDD last weekend.  If the day is going to be an uphill battle (literally) then I want to know about it!

-I wonder if a 16 mile bike ride means I should think about taking in a gel on the bike.  hmmm......

-I must, must, must find a swim coach for this winter. 

-It just occured to me that providing my landlord is game...  a change of careers for me next year could mean something pretty amazing.  I could get a dog next year.  I live vicariously through my friends dogs for now.  I dogsitt, I bring them here to my office during the day sometimes...  but really I've always wanted my own.  That would be pretty fabulous.

-Thats enough random thought for one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment