Sunday, May 9, 2010

Week In Review

So a quick look back at my first real week of triathlon training.  Why is the first "real" week?  Well its the first week I was cleared by my doc to start running again.

Totals....

9.5 hours of training.

Running: 2 Hours14.46 Miles 8:21/mile avg 92 avg cadence
Cycling:  3 Hours 45.5 Miles 77 avg cadence (lower due to all the hill work this week)
Swimming: 2.5 Hours (all of this a mix of drills, and training with Jacki)
Strength Training: 2 Hours

Total Calories Burned 4,859.

Current Weight: 140.2 11.2% body fat according to the scale.  Single digit % is in reach!

Not too bad of a first week of scheduled workouts as opposed to my base building work before this just cycling and swimming.  I definitely wished I was able to ride the bike more than 2 days a week.  Doesn't seem enough to me.  But it may have to stay that way as I really am enjoying the effects of the strength training and don't want to give that up. 

Things to think about:  My right leg is still a bit wonky and I need to keep an eye on it and carefully manage my mileage in running and see what happens.

Good things:  All this cross training has led to a small surge in weight loss and I've lost 5 lbs in the last month getting me that much closer to single digit body fat percentage.  I've also eaten exceptionally well this month and done a great job of managing my diet.

Summary:  All in all a great week.  If I can stay injury free, continue to improve in swimming, and keep moving forwards its going to be a great summer of training!

No comments:

Post a Comment